Sunday, November 7, 2010

November to Remember- The Weekend

I am thankful for the weekend.  Being a teacher, I get a nice summer break.  (Don't even get me started about how you wish you had one too, blah, blah, blah, or I'll get my friend Amber on you.  She'll tear you apart and you CANNOT win that one.)   Anyway, sometimes you for get just how amazing the weekend can be because of that.  But when you get back into the swing of things, the weekend is there to keep you sane.  To let you know waking up doesn't have to be to the frightening sound of the alarm.  To let you eat something for breakfast besides a granola bar and a DDP.  To let your butt know it can actually find a seat, sit down and relax even when its light outside.  To find the kitchen floor underneath all the crumbs.  And to wash laundry so you don't have to put your child in a shirt with dried God-knows-what on the front from God-knows-when. 

God bless Saturday and Sunday. 

I wonder if I came up with another word that started with "S" and ended with "day" if we could add it to the weekend.  Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.