Saturday, November 20, 2010

November to Remember- A Few Resolutions Resolved!

Today I'm extremely thankful for a few resolutions that have been resolved.  Both have been hard for me, for very different reasons. Thank you, Jesus, for loving me and caring about what I care about.  You give me and my family more than we can imagine.  Seriously, thanks Jesus.  Love you.

Camera that doesn't make me cuss- For our anniversary we bought a point and shoot.  Its really small, really stylish, and takes AMAZING pictures for a point and shoot.  And to be honest, I don't have the time or motivation to learn all the tricks of a dSLR so its exactly what I wanted.  And I won't cuss about it again.  Just a side note- if you're going to buy a camera anytime soon, http://www.cnet.com/ is an amazing website.  They do quick video segments that review every make and model of camera.  TJ and I felt like we knew the guy and girl before we finally decided.  And they don't mince words- they tell you exactly what you need to know and what you feel like you never really can get out of sales people.  TJ and I laughed several times because they guy is just so blunt about what the camera could or couldn't do.

Weight Loss- First of all, this is probably the most vulnerable you'll find me.  All of this is hard to say and in some ways I feel like I'm jinxing myself by saying anything.  But for some reason, I feel like I need to say this today. 
As of today I have lost 22 lb. since September 1st.  If you see me, you might not even notice; probably depends on how long its been since you've seen me.  I'm not really thin and I probably won't ever be. 
I'm going to Weight Watchers with some girls I work with.  I know, you think I'm a dork.  I am.  I wake up early on Saturday morning to go to a fat people meeting.  And yes, the meetings are just like you probably imagine they are.  But really, I don't care what people think about me or my weight anymore.  I gave that to God right around September 1st as well.  Mostly I want to be thankful for what God made me to be and I want to be the most healthy version of what God made.  Don't get me wrong, I like being thinner and I love going to buy clothes in a smaller size.  And there is still more work to do in the weight loss department, at least 15 or 20 lb more.  And I still struggle with other things about me that I don't like or want to change.  But God has done something in my that has changed me mindset. I have no idea why it is working for me this time. Chubby people try weight loss all the time, I'm no exception.  It just seemed to click this time. One of my friends lost weight and told me she felt like something broke in her with believing the lie about herself being fat forever, being unhappy, being unhealthy.  So I guess I'm in that category. 
I'm asking you this- pray for me. I would like to maintain my weight through the holiday season and continue to lose after that.  I do not want to go backward and gain weight over the holiday season. This is going to be a struggle for me, I'm sure.  This is just honesty coming out here- its uncomfortable for me to say, really.
I think that's enough awkward weight conversation for one day.  By the way, since I asked you to pray for me, let me do the same.  If you want me to pray for something for you, let me know.  My family will totally pray for you each night as a family when we put Faith to bed.  She loves praying for others. And buggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.