Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November to Remember-Nursery Rhymes

Nursery Rhymes.  I'm thankful for nursery rhymes.  They are one of the leading factors in reading success, ya know.  Well, if you didn't now you do.  And the reason I'm thankful for nursery rhymes is because they're already teaching my daughter. 
Tonight she was "reading" her books and used all her might to get down her big nursery rhyme book.  All three of us starting going through the book looking at the pictures.  Some pages I would ask her questions and she would "tell me about them."  She turned the page and before either of us could say a thing she blurted out "Peter Piper!"  And sure enough, there was Peter Piper picking his peck of pickled peppers.  Peter Piper?!?!?!?!?!?!?  She's not even 2 yet, people!  (And just as a gift from God the videocamera was rolling, which really consisted of me and TJ freaking out after she said it because we were in shock.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.