Monday, November 8, 2010

November to Remember- A Promise

So there's this little white lie enormous, huge, whopper of lie I tend to believe that really screws me over.  Its the lie fed to that I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH. It goes a little something like this:
You're not a good enough mom because...
You're not a good enough teacher because...
You're not a good enough wife because...
You're not thin enough and that's why...
You're not pretty because...
You really should be better at ...
If you was as thankful as you should be then...
If you did _____ then you'd have friends.
In just about every aspect of my life there's a lie I hear about me and my lack of dedication, motivation, determination, ation, ation, ation, ation. 
What I ultimately end up believing is because I'm not enough, because I don't work hard enough, because my end result isn't what it should be, that I don't deserve to be happy.  I deserve to be sad, depressed, lonely, and always wanting more. 
But there is a truth, a promise, that God gives me, that if I choose to believe it instead of the lie, can break through all the bullshit that gives me bags under my eyes when I'm only twenty-freakin'-eight.
This is the truth:
The promise is that God created me.  He created me in His image.  He created me with a purpose.  He chose for me to be in His family knowing I wasn't perfect and that didn't keep Him from choosing me.  He doesn't dwell on the things I do wrong, in fact He delights in His children.  He's a good father and doesn't withhold from me just because I'm human.  He thinks I am enough.  He loves me. He loves me. He loves me.
I don't believe this every day of my life.  But I am thankful for it today.  I declare it for myself and for you.  (Which could actually be you or no one, based on my comment section lately.)  You are enough.  You don't have to get bogged down in your humanness.  God loves you and thinks you are the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Because He loves His babies. And we are His babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.