Wednesday, November 17, 2010

November to Remember- Dishwasher

I am thankful for the dishwasher.  I am NOT thankful that my daughter can stealthily turn it off without us knowing resulting in dishes with food so dried on them I want to throw them away like Chinet.  But alas, I am thankful for the dishwasher.
I never had a dishwasher growing up.  My mom would say she had 5 because she had 5 girls.  I NEVER found that funny.  When my sister and I got older it was our chore to clean the kitchen after dinner.  We would fight every night about who was going to wash, who would rinse, who would dry, sweep, clean the stove, etc.  She would fill the sink with water and bubbles then drop a plate in so the suds would go in my face.  I love her, but I NEVER found that funny either.  My mom ended up having to split us by days and we would have to do it by ourselves every other day. 
When TJ and I got married with got several sets of dishes, silverware, pots and pans, etc.  We were little piggies.  We would use every dish until they piled to the ceilings then break down and wash them.  Finally, per our old youth pastor's funny advice, TJ took out all the extra dishes so that there were just enough for us plus one.  I NEVER found that funny.
My house has a dishwasher now. And I am thankful.

Those stories have no real point, just thought you might like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.