Friday, February 25, 2011

Resolution Check

Okay, here's the deal-e-o.  For some reason this go round is a lot tougher than last year.  Maybe my goals were extra attainable last year.  Maybe thinking resolutions through a little more got a little deeper for me than I thought they would.  Oh well, at this point these are the resolutions I set and I've got to make them work and make them a success.  I. WILL. SUCCEED.  if it kills me.

1. Make something and give it away once a month.  Cinnamon rolls.  A bunch.  For my friend's daughter that's going on a mission trip and is raising money.  If you have extra money you'd like to help out the most wonderful family I know, send me a message.  Seriously.

2. Learn to knit and/or crochet. Nope.
3. Work out 3 or 4 days a week. I will not fail at this.  Having said that, I have failed at this for almost 60 days.  March is a new month though.

4. Get our pictures into scrapbook/albums. I received a photo album as a gift.  Does that count?

5. Contact every immediate family member on their birthday. So far, yes.

6. Continue losing weight until I reach/go beyond my goal then maintain my goal for the remainder of the year. I took February off from counting WW points.  I know it's not the best strategy, but I just had to.  I got so sick of calculating fat, fiber, carbs, and protein I thought I was going to flit.  I'm back to counting and tomorrow will be my first day to weigh-in in a month.  We shall see how my decision affected my goal.  Honestly, I'm okay with a LITTLE BIT of a gain.

7. Enroll Faith in some kind of MDO. Faith is officially a MDO attendee.  More to come on that one.

8. Read more. I mean, I’m an adult and adults read, right? The Help was amazing!  I honestly would find myself continuing their story out in my mind in these elaborate scenarios weeks after I finished.  I'm reading Water for Elephants  right now and I'm just not sold yet.  Please comment any recommendations you might have.

9. Engage somehow (read Bible, journal, sing praise, etc.) with Christ on a daily basis. I've been working hard on doing this.  Trying to pray without ceasing- ya know, just trying to keep a conversation going during the day. Also, playing a lot on the guitar. 

10. Scout out and purchase some kickin’ furniture for our living room. A coffee table for $10 on Craigslist.  A rug named after my family!  Yippee!!!!

AND LASTLY, I am adding back an old resolution from 2010- drink more water than DDP.  I fell off the wagon. And it never tasted so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.