Monday, June 14, 2010

Where We Live

When TJ and I were looking to buy a house we had MAJOR discussions about where we wanted to buy.  TJ would have been completely happy buying the land that attached to my parents and building a house there.  Uh... no.  I would have been completely happy buying a house on a main street in the middle of town, any town, but NOT the country.  We came to some sort of agreement about where we would live and God gave us a house that fit both of our descriptions.  We have a little bit of land in an addition.  I feel like we live in town, although when a friend came over recently she told me otherwise.  "You know, Amanda" she said. "This IS the country. You don't exactly live close to anything."  And she's right.  I don't live close to anything.  But this.  
This is one of my favorite sights.  When we drive home down the highway and I see a field like this I ALWAYS smile.  It makes me happy, like I can take a DEEP breath of air right in that spot.  I know its not for everyone.  Heck, it wasn't even for me a few years ago.  But now I love it.  It's where I live.


(Just FYI- I did not take this picture.  I googled it.  Because my iPhone camera taking a picture while TJ zooms down the highway at 70mph just didn't do it justice.)

1 comment:

  1. that's one of the ways i can tell i'm in familiar territory when we make the trip back home. where we live, it's beautiful but sights like that have a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.