Monday, June 21, 2010

Adrenaline Junkie


Preface: My husband and I are usually very tuned in to one another's wants and needs.  I don't know what the h-e- happened that day.
An adrenaline junkie I'm not.  I mean, for heaven's sake, I'm a kindergarten teacher.  That job alone takes up all your time and doesn't exactly lend itself to any sort adrenaline rush.  And somehow I married someone who loves nothing more than to run into a building that is in flames or give someone CPR until they breath again.  Who knew...
So last week I'm talking to TJ about how I need to do something that is thrilling, something exciting, something different than the typical day to day to day to stinkin' day or I'm just gonna go off the deep end.  (Yes, that was a run-on and yes, that's pretty much how I said it.)  And do you know what he said to me?  DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HE HAD THE NERVE, THE GALL, THE CAJONES TO SAY TO ME?  DO YA, DO YA, DO YA? Here it is, and I quote:





"Well, Amanda.  What about driving the lawn mower?"





What the freakidy freak freak is that supposed to mean?  I blew up and frizzled into a pile of dust.  Is that the kind of person I've become?  Not that long ago I was a teenage girl who had her nose pierced, wanted a snake as a pet and begged my parents to somehow let me skydive.  And now I'm a mom who assumedly only gets kicks from mowing the lawn?  IS THAT WHAT I'VE BECOME, PEOPLE?  Well, now that its been brought to my attention, no.  And not just no, hell no!  I can't let that happen.  Something's gotta give.  I'm formulating a plan, so if you see someone skydiving while getting a new piercing from her pet snake, you know who it is.

Or this...

1 comment:

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.