Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Great/Scary/Happy/Sad/Thankful Day

Yesterday was a great/scary/happy/sad/thankful day.  Let me break it down for you:

GREAT- I'm going to a Literacy First training all week.  Basically, when you go to college to be a teacher they don't really teach you how to teach reading that well.  So you go to trainings to learn how after you've been doing it for 4 years.  I am there with 3 other teacher from my school and a teacher from Ponca that just happen to sit with us.  It has been a great week, and that's surprising because the last thing I wanted to do on summer break is go to school.  The ladies I'm with are TONS of fun and I've learned a lot.  BUT I kept thinking about Faith yesterday afternoon.  More than usual.  I kept looking at my phone to see if my mom had called, how long until I could leave, etc.  I just thought I was missing her.  Enter...

SCARY- When I got home I walked in the door and could tell my mom had been crying.  Last time that happened we ended up taking Faith to the ER.  She was super frazzled and told me a copperhead snake had been within 2 feet of Faith on our front porch.  Her and Faith had gone to the store and when they got out of the truck Faith ran ahead to look at the two froggies that live on our porch.  (She thinks they're her pets and who are we to correct her? :))  My mom walked around the corner to see Faith and the snake two feet apart!  THANK GOD my mom saw the snake before Faith because she would have walked right up to it to look at it.  God is so good.  Guys, it really could have killed her. My mom threw her sacks, swooped Faith up and ran over to the neighbor's house.  He came over with a hoe and chopped it up.  Yay Mr. Brumley!!  Enter...

HAPPY-  Last night we loaded Faith up in the stroller to take Mr. Brumley a thank you jar of strawberry jam. (The last, coveted jar of jam, by the way.)  We rang the door bell and he ushered us into his house. He was SO happy to see us.  He moved his laundry and made us sit down to talk.  We talked about Faith, the snake, his house, voles, and his late wife.  Enter...

SAD- He told us how is wife had passed away 2 years ago and how he just doesn't do things like he did before.  I could tell it made him very sad.  As I looked around I could see he was right.  Laundry left unfolded on the couch, dishes left on the counter, valentine candy boxes and wedding pictures with a 1/2 inch of dust on them.  It made me and TJ very sad as we left.  We continued on our walk through the neighborhood talking about how hard that must be and how death is so final and how do you live through something like losing your very best friend in the entire world.  Enter...

THANKFUL- TJ and I spent the rest of the evening on the couch together.  It wasn't glamorous or romantic or anything like that.  We watched The Ultimate Fighter and went to bed.  But we were together and I was so thankful for that.  I am so thankful that our family is healthy, safe, happy and together.  God had given me more than I ever could have imagined for myself.    Psalm 126:3- The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy.

1 comment:

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.