Saturday, June 5, 2010

Resolution Check- I'm super pumped about this one!

This resolution check could be my best one yet!

1. Invite someone over to the house, at least once a month.  Our amazing friends and godsons came over while they were in town.  See a few posts ago for the pure joy those 4 people fill my life with.

2. Start playing guitar again.  Faith and I have been jamming a lot lately.  I play, she dances.  Its wonderful!  And, I may be completely off on this, but the girl's got some rhythm.  All three of us were eating out this week and a song came on at the restaurant.  TJ and I were dancing around (jokingly, of course) and Faith starting drumming around with her hands.  One hand doing one thing, the other something different, but in perfect rhythm with the song.  And its not the first time.  Just sayin, she's gifted or something.

3. Lose weight. I've kept up a little bit of a diet since the beginning of this week.  Took Faith for more walks at night.  Didn't snack in between.  Its slow, but a few pounds to show made it worth it.

4. Start a blog.  Can I take this one off yet?  I'm kicking #4s butt!

5. Get a camera that doesn't make me cuss everytime I pick it up. Found the charger piece that was lost when I cleaned out my classroom.  I was excited, but quickly realized that now I'm taking one step back from getting a new one.  Oh well, I'm thankful to have one at all. I'm reading Pioneer Woman's camera tutorials hoping to get something out of them I can use one step at a time.

6. Complete lesson plans weekly. I'm doing some MAJOR organizing this summer.  I know that with the district's budget creating larger class sizes with no assistants I'm gonna have to have my crap in order BIG TIME if I want to survive this coming year.  I'm organzing each unit more concisely than before which should help in all planning when school starts again.  And, this has really nothing to do with my resolution, but I'm going to a great training all next week.  What a teacher nerd, I am.

7. Grow a garden.  The aerating paid off guys!  Look at what I have to show for our hard work.


In other gardening news, the friggin' ants are killing our plants and the few herbs we have.  Any ideas for getting rid of those pesky varmits?

8. Be consistent with getting my hair did. Welp, I fell short on this one.  I'm letting summer do its thing with my color and a haircut will have to wait until after the vacay.  Maybe I'll get a quick cut somewhere just for the trip.

9. More water, less Happy Hour DDP.  Guys, this is the one I just want to freak out over.  My water intake is actually exceeding my DDP intake.  Can you believe it?  I have never, ever been able to do this before. 

10. Decorate our bedroom. This is my plan, courtesy of Pottery Barn.  We're working on it.  We painted a super cool headboard white and have two cool nighstands I found thrifting around and at An Affair of the Heart.  An old quilt I bought back in KinderCare days that I bleached out to be more muted.  I LOVE what we've got so far.  I've actually been spending way more time on other crafts and goodies so our bedroom's taken a back seat.
So that's it.  I feel like a ding dang success story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.