Friday, March 25, 2011

TJ Appreciation Day AKA When Things Go Awry

I don't shout from the rooftops enough just how amazing my TJ is.  I could tell you stories about his amazingness, and I have in the past, but I won't today. A short list would include the fact that he looks hotter in a hoody than your husband in a tuxedo.  Sorry, but it's true, guys.  Don't hate.  Another bullet on the list would be that he has character how the freakin' wazoo.  Wahzoo? Whazoo?  I don't know how to spell that word...hmm.  The crew he's on rescues people daily.  Brings dead people back into life.  Crazy business, I tell you, crazy. Then, and here's the part that really blows my mind- he comes home, does all the laundry, parents like no other, cooks dinner his fair share, and has time to fix other people's lawn mowers just because he wants to help them.  WHAAA?!?!?!

So a few weeks ago he came home Sunday morning after a busy shift at work and I wanted to cook him a TJ Apprecation Lunch.  I was so pumped and was pulling out all the stops to show him I was thinking of him- fried chicken legs (his favorite, not mine for sure!), mashed potatoes and homemade gravy, homemade rolls, corn on the cob, etc.  But then things started going awry.  Faith was sick.  The chicken took FOREVER to cook, and by the time all three of us sat down to lunch TJ looked stressed out and I was holding a hysterically sick child while trying to eat corn on the cob with one hand without dripping on her head.  FAIL.  I wanted it to be so relaxing and special and instead, well, let's just say it wasn't.  And all I could keep saying (with raised voice over a crying child) was "This was supposed to be TJ Appreciation Day!"  That's nice, Amanda.  Make him feel guilty when you're actually trying to say thank you.  EDIT: These are the events that I stress about that cause those stupid migraines, people. I am officially ridiculous.

The night got crazier because we ended up in the ER with Faith that evening.  Then next morning when we woke up we realized we had left out ALL the leftovers on the counter in the tupperware and we had to trash it all.  Some things just go awry sometimes.  I've since made up for that crazy Sunday with another TJ Appreciation Dinner.  I didn't pull out all the stops and make every side dish TJ loved with that particular entree', in fact, I can't even remember what I made.  But it was relaxed and I made sure he knew Faith and I love him so much. 

TJ, we are thankful you're our daddy/husband.  I would make everyday TJ Apprecation Day if I could do it without being crazy about it.  But just know you're appreciated.  If you're even reading this blog. Which by the way, if you are, will you please be a follower?!?!? Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.