Sunday, May 16, 2010

Resolution Check

Disclaimer:  I know that alot people couldn't give a care about my resolutions.  But at the end of the year I want proof to know how things went.  And this month has been full of resolution-busting activities. I want to make note of that too.  For myself.  Sorry you have to drag through it with me.  Such is a life of a blog stalker.  You have to take the good with the bad.
1. Invite someone over to the house, at least once a month. We've had two huge get togethers in the past month at Casa de Aragon.  They were really fun.  TJ's grandparents and great aunt and uncle came from out of town and we had a BBQ here.  It was simple food, but we had a lot of fun listening to stories and seeing TJ's grandparents get to have fun with their sisters.  Tomorrow night- our super good friends are here from San Antonio and they're coming over with our extra-cute godsons.  Yay!

2. Start playing guitar again.  Teacher Talent Show.  It was a lot of fun.   I was going to do The Letter by Joe Cocker, but I ended up doing a EWC song.  Singing in front of people stirred something in me.  I know I'm not good enough to really do anything with my voice, but I would like an outlet to be able to sing/chord out songs on the guitar somewhere.  It just is a big part of who I am.  I've been singing in some form or fashion since Miss Kathi formed "Higher Ground" when I was in Jr. High.  Since we've left 12 Corners I've really had no outlet to sing or play.  I realized how much I missed it the other night.  I'm trying to figure out a way to solve that problem.

3. Lose weight. Screw it.

4. Start a blog. Done.

5. Get a camera that doesn't make me cuss everytime I pick it up. Nada.

6. Complete lesson plans weekly. 10 more days of school.

7. Grow a garden. Planted and growing.  Some plants have bit the dust, so we're going to have to replant cucumbers and a few other items. 

8. Be consistent with getting my hair did. Getting your hair done is expensive.  And sometimes its hard for me to justify spending around $100 to get my hair cut and colored when we need ump-teen things around this house.  But God blessed me last month.  Just as I was getting down because I didn't want to put out the money to get my hair colored people started complimenting my hair color.  Alot.  Like when you go to work after just getting it done.  I know it sounds CRA-ZY Jesus freak of me, but I wonder if God did it just because he loves me?  Could be.  I'd like to think so.  Now I just need a cut and I'll let summer do its thing with the color.

9. More water, less Happy Hour DDP.  Going well.

10. Decorate our bedroom. We painted our headboard white to go with the "theme" I'm liking right now AND  got new curtains that I don't love, but they'll do.  It was presentable for TJ's grandparents, but I'd like it to be a little more put together.  Good things take time.


In all, I'd say a successful month. 

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs always make me laugh. And I need to laugh most of the time! :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.