Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The LAST RESOLUTION CHECK OF 2010

Holy crap!  I cannot believe that a year ago I made ten haphazard resolutions for 2010.  I thought about them, but I didn't search my soul or anything.  I'm actually really proud that I kept almost all 10 of them throughout the year.  Here's the rundown. (My original post is in bold.)

1. Invite someone over to the house, at least once a month. This may seem silly, but a huge step for me.  I don't think I did this EVERY month, but we invited people over so much more than ever before.  One of my favorites was when Corrie came with the girls.  And when Corrie and Emily came over right after Emily got married.  This month we had TJ's sister over for the Big 12 Championship game, 2 Thanksgivings, and Faith's 2nd birthday party.  Busy city, fo sho.



2. Start playing guitar again.  I've actually been fretting a little about this one.  This may be saying the same thing I've said a trillion times, but- when we left 12 Corners I went from leading 2 or 3 times a week to ZERO.  It was nice and needed... and a little lonely.  At our church now there are so many musically gifted people and I haven't fallen into that job yet.  I've resorted to playing in our closet (not even joking) after Faith goes to sleep so I don't wake her up.  BUT God is good.  He's recently given me the opportunity to help with music at my friend's church for a women's crisis center's Bible study.  If I can shift a few things, I'll be able to use that gift again.  I'm excited.


3. Lose weight. I'm not saying how much, don't let your mind wander too much, though.  This one had been such a load off. (Pun mildly intended.)  September 1st I started Weight Watchers with a friend from work.  We have both lost weight and are commited to keep going even when we have a bad week.  Which is good because I've done horribly this week.  Between family stress, birthday parties, and Christmas I'm incredibly STRESSED OUT.  I mean, stress-induced migraines, exhaustion, the whole bit.  And when I'm stressed I eat.  I'm trying not to, but I've done a poor job so far this week. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm hoping to salvage the week with at least no gain.  Wish me luck.  Overall weight loss- 25 lb.

4. Start a blog. This blog has been so good for me.  Sometimes there are just things I want to say, things  I want to scream it from the rooftops just to say I got it off my chest.  This has been a place for that.  I'm sure I've offended people at work, in my family, from my church, and I don't necessarily like that.  But this blog is an honest look at me.  I've blogged (on average) at least once a week. 


5. Get a camera that doesn't make me cuss everytime I pick it up. (Maybe stop cussing should be in here somewhere. Just kidding, I'm an angel.)  We had to put on our rally caps for this one.  Just last month TJ and I got a new point and shoot.  And we love it.  It takes great pictures and is quick. 


6. Complete lesson plans weekly. Its really a necessity, really. Nothing exciting to say about this one except I did it.


7. Grow a garden. Ya know, veggies for the fam?  No reason to beat this dead horse.  Next year we have big plans, though.


8. Be consistent with getting my hair did. It makes me feel better, and dangit, I'm worth it.  This is probably the biggest failure on the resolution list.  I decided just recently I'm probably going to stop getting my hair colored for a while.  I think that might be the reason I put it off so much, because adding color costs so much more money than a style.  We shall see, though.  This might be a carryover resolution. 


9. More water, less Happy Hour DDP.   Totally rocked this one.  I've slipped up this past month and I can tell a difference.  Another carryover resolution for sure.


10. Decorate our bedroom. Its supposed to be cozy and romantic, right? Right now there isn't a dang thing on the walls and its a downer. And we all know how I hate downers.  We worked really hard on this one.  We've made tons of progress, but I just have to keep in mind making a house your own is a process.  Yes, I could go buy all new stuff and fill my house with objects, and sometimes I really want to do that.  But that's not my style of decorating.  I'd rather find treasure and fill my house with those.  And treasures take time.  I guess I'm willing to dig and wait for them. 


IN ALL,  A HUGE SUCCESS, PEOPLE! (Yes, the all caps means I'm yelling.)  I can't wait to reveal my 10 for 2011.  I'm sure you're waiting on pins and needles. :)

Have a great December.  School's almost out for Winter Break and I plan to do a whole lotta nuthin.  Join me, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.