Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Kiss It, Lady!

If one more person tells me my job is "basically babysitting" I am going to go ballistic.  First of all, diminishing another person's chosen profession is rude.  Secondly, you (and yes, I mean YOU) couldn't even begin to do what I do on a daily basis. 
When your day consists of teaching 20 5- and 6-year-olds to add, subtract, read, write, be kind to others, empathize, share, be creative, follow directions, compare and contrast literary works, sort and organize sets, see and create patterns, and do the job some parents don't do of loving on their children, instilling self-worth and value in their little hearts; THEN, AND ONLY THEN will we ever discuss my profession again.  Until then, go make your doilies, jerk wad.



Take a breather, Amanda.

I'm okay now. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. BAHAHAHA! Omgosh! That is too funny! I really can't believe that people have said that to you! Some people know not what they speak; I'm learning that more as a foster parent. If they don't understand what you (or I) do, I wish they'd just ask but to make statements like that is just infuriating. (sp?) :)

    ReplyDelete

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.