Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sacrifice

I will be completely honest.  I haven't sacrificed much of anything lately.  I mean, some would say I sacrifice my days to teach children, some would say I would sacrifice my husband that works 24 hour shifts, but I don't really think those things count.  We like being able to pay our bills, have running vehicles, and live in a house without wheels (I can say that because my last house had wheels) so I don't know that working is a sacrifice. 
But today, TO.DAY. I sacrificed something to God.  As an act of obedience.  And it was hard.  I almost didn't do it.  I've been so out of practice with sacrifice it hurt.  But God reminded me of something someone at church said.  He may have got this from someone else (so I don't want to get in trouble for not posting the MLA, APA, or Chicago-style formatting,) but it spoke to me and I'm holding fast to it:

When you trust in the Lord and walk in Him, the outcome becomes HIS domain and you can walk in wreckless obedience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.