Sunday, March 7, 2010

WITH

Last night I was thinking about a story my pastor used to tell.  A little girl comes home from school and her daddy asks her how her day went.  She tells him that at recess there was a little girl crying on the playground.  So he asks her "Well, what did you do?"  And she answers "I just sat down beside her and cried with her."  That story always spoke to me deeply.  Someone just to feel with you.  

Today at church I was talking with one of my friends about some things going on in my life.  She looked at me and said, "Amanda, I know right now I could quote some scripture about how you're supposed to get through this, but I'm not going to over spiritualize it.  I know you're hurting, and I just want you to know- I'm going to walk with you through it."

Thank you, God for not ever being caught off guard by my human needs.  Thank you for your sweet provision, a friend to cry with me, to sit and feel with me.  You ARE a good God.  (And while I'm at it, thanks for speaking those exact things to me to show me clearly You are those things. I surely never would have connected the dots.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.