Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break Projects

When I was younger, I was a punk.  My mom would go to Goodwill and I would sit in the car.  I didn't want to be seen at Goodwill.  Funny, because if anyone would have found clothes to fit into their Kurt Cobain-grunge persona it would have been me.  But things have changed.  And now I love going into thrift stores and looking for fun little things to put in my house.  And since this Spring Break is all about having fun and doing things we've wanted to get to forever, TJ is indulging me and going along.  Yes, he loves me.  Because he really doesn't like thrift stores all that much and he's gone to 4 already this week.  Oh, and this is NOT going to turn into a decorating/crafting blog.  Its just what I'm up to this week.
On Saturday I found a $.69 frame and turned it into this.  I've been wanting to do a silohuette for sometime now, but didn't know really what to do.  Faith has worn this hat all winter so I thought it would be a good reminder of the Winter of 09/10:



I also found 4 canvases for $1.99 each.  I painted this super simple bird design on it for a spring-y mantle.  I think they're super cute and they're going into the extra little living area with my other tree pictures Sarah got me for my birthday.  They were so cheap I didn't even mind if I messed up. 
Also, one of my new year's resolutions was to re-do our bedroom.  I wanted something romantic-y, but since we're not really that type of people I wasnt' sure what to do.  I bought this lamp FOREVER ago and it had been in Faith's room.  We had to take her bookshelf out because she was using it as a jungle-gym so the lamp was up for grabs.  I used a sharpie to put these words on it.  It says "What God joins let no man separate."  Its in our bedroom for now. 

My idea is for the bedroom to look something like this.  I moved all the brown and blue that was in our room to the guest bedroom so now our bedroom is back to square one.  Hopefully that will inspire me to get it done.  I found a cute nightstand at An Affair of the Heart last year and another at thrift store on Saturday that I'm going to paint and the headboard is on the back patio being painted right now. 

Oh, I can't believe I forgot.  TJ found 2 rainsticks today at a thrift store.  I got them for $9.99 each!  I'm taking one to school and Faith gets the other. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am impressed. You are pretty crafty. It all looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.