Monday, March 1, 2010

February in Review-Resolution Check

Seriously, I can't even remember some of the resolutions I made tonight.  It's Monday and I'm already exhausted.  Let me flip back through my blog card catalog and see if I can conjur up my resolutions.  So I really just copied, pasted and changed the update, but its a tad interesting if you're even still reading...

1. Invite someone over to the house, at least once a month.  My wonderful (and only) friend, Corrie, came over when she was in town.  With her two lovely little girls.  I made homemade chicken and egg noodles, mashed potatoes, and veggies.  Seriously, I wish she could have stayed days.  Two hours just isn't enough.  It feels like I need some time to get in the groove again, get past the awkwardness, and just relax.  I know it shouldn't be that hard since she's my bestie, but I'm socially AWK-WARD!  Just ask her.  I'm a thorn in her flesh, for sure.

2. Start playing guitar again.  I actually took my guitar to my class last week and played some Hap Palmer kindergarten awesomeness.  They loved it, I loved it.  I had my utopian kindergarten class for 15 minutes that day.

3. Lose weight. Ummm, well, let's just say I wish I was one of those who lost weight when they were stressed.  Alas, I am not.  And I. AM. STRESSED.  So weight loss is the last thing on my agenda.  I'm looking to get a treadmill though,(actually, I'm asking God to give me one) but mostly to relieve stress.

4. Start a blog.  I think I'm doing pretty well so far with the whole blog thing.  I'm not the most exciting story teller, but I'm learning.

5. Get a camera that doesn't make me cuss everytime I pick it up.  Nada.  And now I've lost the charger for the one I have.  I'm seriously chronicling my first born's milestones on my iPhone.  Its a cryin' shame, really.

6. Complete lesson plans weekly. In my head- yes.  On paper- have you seen my desk?  I wouldn't be able to find it anyway.

7. Grow a garden. TJ laughed at my herb garden idea, but we're plowing up the garden this week!  Yippee!

8. Be consistent with getting my hair did. Actually did do this one.  The color is amazing.  I can't quite figure out the cut though.  This happens everytime TJ suggest that I get my hair done that someone famous.  Last time it was Gwen Stefani's super blonde hair and I left with my scalp actually bleeding. This time Jennifer Nettles and my students actually asked me if I brushed my hair today.

9. More water, less Happy Hour DDP.  Ounce for ounce is still working. 

10. Decorate our bedroom. Its coming into its own.  I have ideas.  I'm moving some furniture I already have around.  And my friend, Sarah, is going to take me to the Mecca of thrifting/antiquing/wonderfullenss, The Rink, soon.  She said she would anyway, and I'm holding her to it.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I love reading your blog! It makes me laugh! Keep writing!!!! (like you don't have a million other things going on but to entertain me!) And I am socially awkward too. It must be a Perkins thing.

    ReplyDelete

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.