Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Resolution Check

If y'all haven't noticed, the month is #9!  And that means there aren't that many more months left in 2013.  What can I say about these resolutions?  I can say that I realized I was trying to put my time into things that weren't the most important and I just had to let them go.  I also realized that there are some small changes I can make that God honors and allows to flourish.  God is so good. 

2- 2 GOALS FOR THE YEAR (but I made it 4)
1. Be thankful.  Yes. And happier.  And more focused on the blessings around me as opposed to the negative things. 
2. Be as healthy as I used to be and love it as much as I used to.  I've lost over 20 since March.  There's still a long ways to go, but I'm healthier and feeling better.  I will say this- I have accomplished more than I thought I could.  And I am thankful and proud of that.   


3. Be organized in most facets of my life. My classroom is stellar.  Amazing. Fantastic. So that's one facet.  
4. Be more adventurous.  OR survive the beginning of school without having a heart attack and call that a win.  I did get a new haircut that's shorter than I've ever had.  That's about the extent of it.


0- 1 THING TO STOP DOING
1. Stop spending unwisely.  Delayed gratification is not fun. 

1- 1 PLACE TO VISIT

1. Beaver's Bend- Check. 

3- 3 THINGS I WANT TO LEARN

1. Learn how to REALLY study the Bible.  Ruth- check.  Now onto Peter.
2. Learn to knit or crochet.  Not now. Or ever.
3. Learn to drive a standard. Not yet. This makes me mad.  It's so simple and yet, it still hasn't happened.  We're just on different schedules so when we're all together, we feel guilty about getting a babysitter. 
4. Learn to play the guitar better. Working on some things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.