Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Story with a Moral

Disclaimer: I'm REALLY putting myself out here for this post. Please don't laugh at me or shoot milk out your nose upon reading. Seriously. No laughing or milk shooting, por favor.


Okay, so there's this thing I do.  Or should I say I USED to do.

I used to self-sabotage.  I used to not finish strong.  I used to stall out before I reach any given goal.  

But that's not me anymore.  That's not what I do. That's not who I am.

The backstory goes like this:  I'm super pumped about some new thing I've started.  I swear to myself that I'm going to keep in on the down low.  But seriously, we all know me and we know that as soon as I see someone I have to tell them exactly what I'm doing, how I'm doing it, and why.  It's like information diarrhea.  There should be some over-the-counter meds for it because it's a sickness I can't cure. 
Then for some unknown reason, I start getting wiggy and stop progress.  Then I go into guilt mode about my incurable sickness, information diarrhea, and give myself the what for because it's all my fault I told someone my goal and now I can't finish it.  SERIOUSLY Y'ALL.  I DO THIS.  AND SOMEHOW YOU'RE STILL FRIENDS WITH ME.  That's the real miracle here, people.  

So, this time around, I didn't tell anyone except TJ and my best friend Corrie.  I didn't tell her for a LONG time either and the reason I finally did was because I needed her guidance.  TJ and Corrie became my coaches that helped me reach my goal- TJ was the information-driven daily guidance and Corrie was the encourager who has been in my shoes and loves me even though she doesn't have to.  Without her straight-up wisdom I would be wallowing in self-pity right now.  Without their coaching I would've never been able to reach my goal.  

So what was the goal, you ask?  It might not be much to you, but it's HUGE to me. 

I ran a 5k.  

What?  You didn't hear me?

I RAN A 5K!

Before you get all crazy and ask for my race pic, there is none.  I ran a 5K through my neighborhood at 9pm in the dark so no one would see my jog in my spandex.  But...

I RAN A 5K!

So hahahaha- in yo face- self sabotaging, not finishing, stall out at the last minute Amanda!  You've been kicked to the curb! 

Hello- I can do anything through Christ with the guidance of TJ and Corrie- Amanda!

Moral of the story:  You are not the stupid things you do.  You are who God says you are.  The end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.