Monday, September 30, 2013

October- Resolution Check

So, it is October.  That's month #10, if you're still keeping track.  And here's the skinny on my resolutions:

O.K. They're not resolutions.  They're just cute and I have to show them off. 

1. Be thankful.  Yes.  I'm trying.  And I would say I've improved this by 75% or more over the past year.  The hardest part for me is making sure I stay away from the comparison game.  I don't compare myself to other people on Pinterest or get bummed when I see ideas on Instagram I wish I'd thought of.  But I can get really down on myself when I see people who have 10 times more on their plates that me and handle it with grace and peace.  I feel like I really have just a few major priorities and I'm always running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  It's annoying and something I'd like to work on more.
2. Be as healthy as I used to and love it as much as I used to.  YES. YES. YES.  I honestly feel like a lifestyle change has taken place.  I don't view food and exercise in the same way.  This is a biggie for me.  As of today, I am 2.8 lb away from my first big goal.  That means since the day Silas was born I've lost 47.2 lb. That's 21.2 lb less than I weighed when I found out I was expecting Silas.  Since I'll meet my goal weight within the next two weeks, I'm creating a new goal.  This goal has a weight loss piece to it, but I'm also going to create a goal that will target a few body areas I'd like to slim down and as well as a exercise goal.  The exercise goal might be a 5K, but I'm mulling over a few other ideas.
3. Be organized in most facets of my life. Hmmm. I'm not so sure about this one.  Again, my job is quite organized and I love feeling like I have it under control and calm.   When I really dissect this goal, I know why it's important to me.  I just don't know how to transfer it into real life right now.
4. Be more adventurous. Be more fun.  Well, guys.  This is the first big fail this month.  No excuses.  I didn't even try.  I did a little bow shooting at my nephew's camo cookout, but that's about it.
5. Stop spending unwisely.  At church we talked about finances and how they can just really bog us down.  And they totally do when TJ and I don't work as a team.  And when we get busy that's what happens.  So we've recommitted to sitting down and really hashing things out together again instead of whoever is at home doing them alone.
6. Learn how to really study the Bible.  Yes.  This is one for the success column.  And on a sidenote, can I just say this: God has been really speaking truths in to my life where I was letting lies live.  Simple truths that I'd somehow decided just weren't as important.
7. Learn to knit or crochet. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  What the ^*&%@ was I thinking?
8. Learn to drive a standard.  Shhhhh. Can you keep a secret?  TJ is going to teach me this month.  I've already arranged for a babysitter so that we can "go on a date" that night.  I'm going to make him take me in his hotrod and HE WILL TEACH ME, DANGIT! (I'm also going to count this as much attempt at #4.)
9. Learn to play the guitar better. Play it more? Yes.  Better? No.

So that's it.  I'm feeling good y'all.  I'm finishing strong.  Rounding out the year is going to feel great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.