Saturday, May 4, 2013

Resolution Check


Oh, these resolutions.  Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself!  They keep me on track (sometimes) and I need that.  But I always feel like I'm waiting around for summer break to get started on most of them.  I just have to chalk it up to the life of a teacher, I guess.  My new years starts June 1st. 


2- 2 goals for the year

1. Be thankful.  Show I'm thankful.  I am much more focused on the positive.  Writing it down, not so much.
2. Be as healthy as I used to be and love it as much as I used to.  10 pounds down.  A lot of lifestyle change around the old Casa de Aragon.
3. Be organized in most facets of my life.  No.
4. Be more adventurous.  Be more fun.  Be totally not yourself. That's what I feel like this is saying.  Work on it, Amanda. Work on it.  I did read this article and it SO resonated with me.  My favorite quote is: You were not made to live a disconnected, non-contributing, helpless, depressed, excuse-filled, humdrum life. You were made to create, contribute, connect, and leave a mark. You have been specially wired and gifted to cover your specific assignment, your corner of the pool.

0- 1 think I want to stop doing
1. Stop spending unwisely.  Well, if not having any fun with our tax refund and putting it towards debt is any indication of success, then we were successful.

1- 1 place to visit
1. Beaver's Bend- This summer, my friend.

3- 3 things I want to learn
1. Learn how to REALLY study the Bible.  I love the Bible and I love focusing in our special parts.  I need to find a group of women to do this with to be successful.  Anyone wanna start a Bible study with me? We could meet at my house, dinner and discussion?
2. Learn to knit or crochet.  Not now, too crazy around here to focus on something as frivolous as this.
3. Learn to drive a standard. This summer this is happening. Hopefully.
4. Learn to play the guitar better. This one's gotta go.  My priorities just aren't here.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.