Saturday, April 10, 2010

RESOLUTION CHECK- I'm nervous about this one.

Guys, I need to go to RA.  You know, Resolutors Anonymous?  I've done a poor job this month, but there are 8 more months to catch up with the goals that seem to have fallen by the wayside.  The way I see it, a little improvement in seveal areas is better than... ahhh, who cares about the way I see it.


1. Invite someone over to the house, at least once a month. Does is count if my mom and dad ordered takeout from Tarahumara's and ate here?  Cause that's all I got.  By the way, that's like the best deal ever.  You get enough chips, salsa, and queso to  last the week in leftovers AND the food is ready so fast.  I live 20 minutes from there and it was still piping hot and wonderful when we got it back home. 

2. Start playing guitar again. My good friend Brandi called me out and now I'm playing something for our school's Teacher Talent Show.  Honestly, I'm having a hard time finding something to play.  Partially because I'm used to playing worship and partially because I know so few chords its almost impossible to play anything else.  I'm working up a little somethin, somethin.

3. Lose weight. Dont. even. go. there.

4. Start a blog. Check.

5. Get a camera that doesn't make me cuss everytime I pick it up. Nope.  I borrowed my sister's for Easter.

6. Complete lesson plans weekly. Sure I do.  Still in my head and scattered piles around my classroom.  By the way, 35 more days of school.  Just in case you were counting.  I know you're the type that likes to be informed about these sorts of things.

7. Grow a garden. The garden is plowed up and we're planting soon.  We're behind on our planting schedule, but I don't feel so bad since we had that little bit of frost last week.  Any suggestions for things to grow?  We're for sure doing tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, jalapenos, bell peppers.  Maybe some potatoes, okra, squash.  I'm really excited about the prospect of making pickles.  My mom's long time friend Brenda makes the best pickles I have EVER had in my life.  And I feel it is my lifelong destiny to impart those pickles to the world.  Guys, they're so dang good that if all of Congress ate those pickles they could have solved the healthcare crisis peacefully.

8. Be consistent with getting my hair did. Its time to make another appointment.  I'm going to stick to this one. Maybe.

9. More water, less Happy Hour DDP. I still drink equal amounts water and DDP, but I'm drinking so much soda that by the time I drink equal amounts water I can actually hear myself sloshing.  And I wake up to use the restroom so many times in the middle of the night its ridiculous.  Nice mental image, huh?  The sloshing.  And the peeing.  Its definitely a good resolution gone bad. 

10. Decorate our bedroom. Let's just say that this one needs to head into overdrive... and FAST.  TJ's grandparents are coming sometime this month and I do not want my bedroom to be in the condition it is right now.  Dang you, Uncle Sam.  If only I hadn't had to pay in to taxes this year.  If you don't know, I'm shaking my first right now and scowling.  Scowling bigtime.
 
 
So that's it.  Judge me if you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.