Monday, May 14, 2012

Sweet, Sometimes Inappropriate Child of Mine

Faith has a way with words.  She can break out the most inappropriate comebacks at the most inopportune times.  A few weeks ago at church she turned the lights off in class and yelled "It's Make Out Time!" WTH? Seriously- WTH?  We monitor what she watches a lot more than some of our friends, but its like her mind is a steel trap for the unacceptable.
Tonight she had me laughing all night long.  I try not to laugh, but what in the world as you supposed to do when you child scoops up "toot water" out of the bathtub and pretends to drink it?  What, tell me, please?
Before she went to bed we were in the living room and she wanted me to hold her and sing to her.  I started singing old hymns and rocking her back and forth.

He speaks and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing.
And the melody that He gave to me 
Within my heart is ringing.
And He walks with me 
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own.
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known.

And then here little voice through the silence:
"Mommy.  You MUST be talking about God.  That sounds just like Him."


Talk about bringing a mommy to tears.  "You're right.  That IS just like Him."



1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite hymn of all time. I was just telling Jeremiah that yesterday. It does sound like Him!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.