Monday, January 2, 2012

Day One on January 2nd


Today when I got home from working Faith was crying hysterically.  Fake crying, mind you.   But she had me fooled.  I rushed into the room to see what was broken or bleeding and found her sitting on the bed crying beside a Daddy who had had enough of it.   She was laying it on thick- snot, tears, the whole nine- in a futile attempt to get out of the nap she (obviously) still needs.  Daddy explained the whole situation and I tried to talk with her, but it was no use.  She wasn’t buying it.
If you backtrack one blog post, you’ll see that I said I’m going to be thankful for each day with my child, even the not-fun days, so I scooped her up and took her to her room.  I grabbed one of her favorite books and started reading, completely ignoring the fact that she was still sobbing and snotting all over the place.  As I read, she calmed down.  Until the last page, when she realized she needed to take a final stance to see if she could get her way.  But this moma has a secret weapon in her arsenal- Faith’s kryptonite, if you will.  The gift of song.  I sang to her.  Old children’s church songs, hymns and praise music until she drifted off to sleep cuddling my arm around her.  
I sat there thinking “Amanda. This is a big moment for you.  The moment you decided to see good instead of bad, positive instead of negative. “  I starting thanking God for giving me this moment- the whole scenario.  From the moment I walked in the door and heard the cries to the very minute I found myself in.  God had given me the opportunity to choose the good, the positive. And I FINALLY took it.  Thank you God for continually giving me redos.  As I was praying Faith started coughing pretty badly.  She turned around, grabbed my face, and sleeptalked, “Sing me nother song, Moma.”  And so I did.

God is so good.
God is so good.
God is so good,
He’s so good to me.

He answers prayers.
He answers prayers.
He answers prayers.
He’s so good to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.