1- More thankful- I am so happy that I made this a focus. I'm incredibly thankful for how its changed my life for the better. Still work to do, but progress makes the hard work easier.
2- Healthier- Since this time last year (or should I say October of 2012), I've lost 50 pounds, at least. I've started jogging. When I started I couldn't jog for more than 3 minutes at a time. Now, I can jog 3 miles at a time. I'm sure more, but that's as far as I've gone so far. This is HUGE for me. I told my best friend, I would never do a 5K race and now I'm eating those words. (Like I've signed up for a real one. Save me, Jesus. Save me, Tom Cruise!)
3- More Organized- Classroom- yes. Brain- yes. House- I'm not sure that's a success. I think 2014 will see alot of things leave our house that don't matter. I'm sick of having stuff that doesn't mean a thing for the sake of having stuff.
4- More Adventurous- NOPE. OK, y'all. I'm gonna be honest about this with all 3 of you that read this. I tried. Lord knows, I tried. And the fact of the matter is this- even when I was REALLY TRYING, I still got called boring, old fashioned, and a goody-goody. So I'm learning to be cool with being me. (Yes, I'm almost 33 and I still want to fit in. Kill me, please, and put me out of this stupidity.)
5- Spending Less- YES.
6- Study Bible- I feel like I have pressed into my relationship with Jesus more this year. I feel like He and I are walking closer. I have plans for 2014.
7- Knitting- NOPE. Who has time for this horse crap?!?! Not me!
8- Improving at guitar- not really.
9- Driving a Standard- YES!!!
Somewhere in there I lost going to Beaver's Bend. We did that too.
Other things that happened in 2013 that I'm overwhelmed with joy over:
- Bub turned one! He is everything our family was missing. He started walking, eating more than Faith, and occasionally saying mama instead of grunting like a caveman.
- Sis started Pre-K. God bless her teachers. Those ladies have seen the amazingness of Faith when I was so worried all they would see was the sass and attitude and have had nothing but encouraging things to say about her. I will forever be grateful to them for giving my baby such a wonderful first public school experience.
- We started going to a new church. God called us to put our roots back in Noble and find a church that was serving that community. He moved us from Normcom to a fantastic church in Noble. I see our pastors hearts for our community and the people of our church. I love that they love on our kids and that TJ feels comfortable there. God's good.
- I got a completely different haircut and I love it. I have to fix it everyday which is totally weird for me, but I love it!
- We celebrated 11 years of marriage. I love my husband. I love how we protect our marriage at all costs. Plus, he's hot, a wonderful daddy, and splits house chores 50/50. I'm a lucky lady, what can I say?