Monday, December 16, 2013

Resolution Check-December



Here's the LAST RESOLUTION CHECK of 2013.  Overall, I'm happy with what I did this year.  I think I worked hard to be a better version of myself.  


1- More thankful- I am so happy that I made this a focus. I'm incredibly thankful for how its changed my life for the better.  Still work to do, but progress makes the hard work easier.

2- Healthier- Since this time last year (or should I say October of 2012), I've lost 50 pounds, at least. I've started jogging.  When I started I couldn't jog for more than 3 minutes at a time.  Now, I can jog 3 miles at a time.  I'm sure more, but that's as far as I've gone so far.  This is HUGE for me.  I told my best friend, I would never do a 5K race and now I'm eating those words. (Like I've signed up for a real one. Save me, Jesus.  Save me, Tom Cruise!)

  
3- More Organized- Classroom- yes.  Brain- yes. House- I'm not sure that's a success.  I think 2014 will see alot of things leave our house that don't matter.  I'm sick of having stuff that doesn't mean a thing for the sake of having stuff.


4- More Adventurous- NOPE.  OK, y'all.  I'm gonna be honest about this with all 3 of you that read this.  I tried.  Lord knows, I tried.  And the fact of the matter is this- even when I was REALLY TRYING, I still got called boring, old fashioned, and a goody-goody.  So I'm learning to be cool with being me.  (Yes, I'm almost 33 and I still want to fit in. Kill me, please, and put me out of this stupidity.)


5- Spending Less- YES.


6- Study Bible- I feel like I have pressed into my relationship with Jesus more this year.  I feel like He and I are walking closer.  I have plans for 2014. 


7- Knitting- NOPE. Who has time for this horse crap?!?! Not me! 


8- Improving at guitar- not really. 


9- Driving a Standard- YES!!!


Somewhere in there I lost going to Beaver's Bend. We did that too.  

Other things that happened in 2013 that I'm overwhelmed with joy over:
- Bub turned one!  He is everything our family was missing.  He started walking, eating more than Faith, and occasionally saying mama instead of grunting like a caveman.
- Sis started Pre-K.  God bless her teachers.  Those ladies have seen the amazingness of Faith when I was so worried all they would see was the sass and attitude and have had nothing but encouraging things to say about her.  I will forever be grateful to them for giving my baby such a wonderful first public school experience.
- We started going to a new church.  God called us to put our roots back in Noble and find a church that was serving that community.  He moved us from Normcom to a fantastic church in Noble.  I see our pastors hearts for our community and the people of our church.  I love that they love on our kids and that TJ feels comfortable there.  God's good.
- I got a completely different haircut and I love it.  I have to fix it everyday which is totally weird for me, but I love it!
- We celebrated 11 years of marriage. I love my husband.  I love how we protect our marriage at all costs.  Plus, he's hot, a wonderful daddy, and splits house chores 50/50. I'm a lucky lady, what can I say?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.