Friday, April 26, 2013

Worldchanger

Tonight as we were driving to gymnastics Faith started telling me about her plans for cleaning up the litter on the highway we live on.  It involved getting out there and cleaning up all the yucky stuff with gloves because "you know its covered in throw up and sickness."  Ha ha!  I told her okay and then super seriously she said, "Mom, I just want to do it for God."
Okay, point taken.  You're serious, I get it, kid.
I told her that we could make a plan to pick up litter soon and went on. The entire 20 minute drive she kept watching out her window, pointing out good places that we needed to clean up.  Finally, she said, "That's what I want to be when I grow up. Someone who cleans up the earth.  And mom?"  "Yes, Faith?"  "I want to start RIGHT NOW!"
So tomorrow morning we will be cleaning up the highway in front of our addition.
My little world changer is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.