1. I have no idea how, but I've cut almost all DDP out of my life. Weird, huh? After more than a year of intentionally trying to pare down, water just tastes better most of the time.
2. Sometimes I think I will lose part of myself if I never sing in front of people again. For some reason, leading, performing, etc, just makes me feel fulfilled and I miss it terribly. I'm sure that makes me some sort of selfish person, but truth is truth.
3. TJ and I have been consistently following Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. You should read the book. Even if you don't follow it to a T, just getting into some of his routines has made our life and financial goals so much more consistent, focused, and aligned with how God wants us to live. Plus, less fighting over money so totally worth it!
4. Faith is taming down a bit. I cut several personal things I was doing so that my time with her after work would be more focused. It has been hard to make those sacrifices, but sometimes we have to cut out what is good to focus on the most important.
5. One of the prongs on my wedding ring is broke and TJ lost his wedding ring so we've been going around without rings for quite a while. Several of my student's parents must think we're on the fritz because the last few thank you notes I've received have been addressed to me and Faith only!
6. Thursday was probably the hardest day of my life. Actually harder than the day I found out I miscarried if you can imagine. I kept it nicely bottled until Faith went to sleep then sobbed until I vomited and sobbed some more. Sometimes life can be a B. TJ was at work (of course!) and I honestly would've paid a guy $500 so he could come home. I'm sure he would've too since I was snarfing on the phone to him forever!
7. My husband is amazing and knows sometimes the only thing that will make me feel better is just to be with him. So you know what he did Friday after #6's Thursday? After spending an entire night up at the fire station he took Faith to school and spent the ENTIRE DAY in my classroom making green eggs and ham for about 125 students.
8. Then he bought me the Pottery Barn bedding I wanted for over a year just to surprise me!
9. Faith has decided that she no long wants to be called "Baby Faith." And rightly so, the girl's three! She kindly asked me to tell my students and to ask them to refer to her as "Big Girl Faith."
10. I love listening to Faith read books to me. She will follow the pictures and make up her own story. She always ends with some off-the-wall ending though. Tonight when she got to the end of each book, she finished the story by saying, "And thats when they knew they finally had the chance." Sounds like a sequel in the making to me!
God is good and I am blessed!