Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Funny Valentine

hollibphotography.com

TJ reads my blog at work.  Hopefully he is slammed today and spends all day making runs and doing run reports.  Or he's probably going to kill me when he gets home tomorrow.  But I don't care. I am bestowing the gift of laughter to all 3 of you who read this puppy.

TJ does not sing outloud.  EVER.  In church, you can hear a smidge of sound flowing from the vocal chords, but that's about it.  He hums occasionally.  He whistles like a champ-melody, harmony, guitar solos. But he does NOT sing.  And I'm convinced this is the reason why.
He is notorious for getting words to songs wrong.  I'll give two examples to illustrate my point:
1- Remember that song "I'm a baller. Shot caller.  20" blades on the Impala."  TJ thought is said SHOCK CALLER.  Like for a dog.  I laughed so hard I cried. Then I told the whole youth group.  And we chastised him for literally YEARS about it.
2- Gotta have more cowbell!  TJ thought it said "Don't fear the reefer."  And when I tried to tell him "TJ, it says REAP-er," he looked at me, straight face, serious as a friggin' heart attack and so "No Amanda. REEF-er" and held his hand up like he was smoking a joint. Again, laughed so hard.  Still give him crap about it at least once a month.
So last week we were watching the Superbowl.  Actually TJ was watching the Superbowl.  I'm more of a college football fan.  And I loathe bandwagon riders so this was not the sporting event for me.  Finally, time for the Half-Time Show.  I love The Who.  They come out and start perform and TJ looks at me, this time slightly confused and says " Kleenex Wasteland?"  I thought surely he did not say that. Surely not.  So I asked him, "What did you say honey?"  He said it again, "KLEENEX WASTELAND?"  I laughed and laughed and laughed.  Still laughing.  (If you're confused, get on iTunes and listen to Teenage Wasteland.  Then we can be friends again.  Forgive and forget, that's what I always say.)

He's my funny valentine.  My funny, doesn't get the words right, valentine.  But just to be fair I thought the oldie "Barbara Ann" was "Bop-A-Ran" until like last year. Bop, bop, bop. Bop, bop. A. Ran!

2 comments:

  1. This makes me miss you guys sooooo much more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying. Seriously. And Tre' thought I was a lunatic until I told him. He is slightly disappoitned that TJ didn't know that it said "fear the reaper".

    And anyway, why would you fear the reefer? That's more than likely what they were on when they wrote that song.

    No worries TJ, the boys still think your a totally cool SUPER fireman!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're thinking "Me, leave a comment?" And the answer is "Yes." It's always yes.